Beautiful M.Sc., Ph.D. Margit Slimakova was traveling a lot. She has been living and studying in Germany, China, France and USA. And now she lives and works in Prague. Her whole life was dedicated to health, illness prevention, and nutrition. Studying nutrition and pharmacy, Margit puts great importance to the relationship between our mind and body. In Prague, Margit mainly deals with private consultations on nutrition and education in this field, and shares her knowledge and recipes on her BLOG and her seminars. She has three children, looks great and she is always smiling. What is she doing to be so cool?
・ ・ ・ DO’S ・ ・ ・
1. Have breakfast. Every morning we have breakfast together with our children. It gives them a good example, and helps me not to miss breakfast. I love starting my day with lots of warm herbal tea and oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts, or bread with butter or quality cheese directly from farmers. I think it’s very important to start your day with something warm and nutritious, especially when it’s getting cold outside.
2. Do short strength or interval several times per week. I have my own training plan and I always train at home. I think, that the first steps to make a body change are getting the right mindset and commitment to yourself!
3. Eat slowly. During the meal and I am always trying to listen to my body. One of the problems in our daily lives is that many of us rush through the day, with no time for anything … and when we have time to get a bite to eat, we gobble it down. That leads to stressful, unhealthy living. And with the simple but powerful act of eating slower, we can begin to reverse that lifestyle immediately.
4. Choose wisely. I always opt for fresh and natural dishes, salads, fresh or cooked vegetables. This helps the body to be fit. Yes, it really is that simple. By increasing the amount of fresh, natural ingredients in your diet, you will inevitably replace some of the more processed foods that you have become accustomed to. Replacing your existing butter, yogurt and cheese brands with organic versions is a really effective way to improve your natural diet. Also, various low-fat foods are not the best for our bodies. When the fat is removed from a food, it needs to be replaced with something else. The usual suspects of fat replacement are high fructose corn syrup, salt and artificial sweeteners, so the most natural choice to cure a butter is a small serving of real butter, rather than a large serving of the reduced-fat version. Feeding your body with nutritious food, will create inner radiance and freshness. Beauty starts from within!
5. Follow the principles of healthy plate
6. Plan your meals. Planning meals is an activity that can bring a number of benefits. Whether you are cooking for one, for two or for your entire family, taking a few minutes to sit down and plan future meals will not only save you time, effort and money but will also improve your eating habits.
7. Recharge. My best source of energy is in nature and in silence. I just try to spend every weekend with my family in parks, in our own garden or in forest. More walking, gazing at the sky and just enjoying those moments
・ ・ ・ DON’TS ・ ・ ・
1. No meat and alcohol. Our entire family does not eat meat, due to ethical reasons and I do not drink alcohol.
2. No counting. I do not count how much water I drink and I don ’t have scales at home. I think that to be healthy you need to follow three principles:
– eat natural food. Replace processed, fake foods with healthier natural choices.
– plan your meals.
3. Do not sit near your computer for a long of time. Just try to stay offline more often. Stretch throughout the day. This will improve blood circulation in different parts of the body, including your brain, and thus increase your activity and productivity.
4. Stop using hormonal contraceptives. It can cause weight gain, metabolic problems and overall changes in your body.
5. Do not diet. Eating is complex, as we live in a world of unlimited food options and choices. We need food to live. However, in today’s society, where food has been elevated to a source of pleasure and reward, people are living to eat. People need to know how to eat responsibly, with a consciousness about the quantity of food being consumed while still enjoying the experience. For long-term, successful weight loss, a conscious lifestyle change, including a new approach to food consumption, is needed.