Happy Mother’s day to everyone!!!!
Two years ago Glamour magazine featured a list of 11 Times You Still Need Your Mother (written by Kimberley Bonnell and Pamela Redmond Satran) that reminded me of many of the ways I miss my mother.
I share it with you today in honor of Mother’s Day and as a reminder to those of you who still have your mom with you that a mother’s role in your life doesn’t end at age 21, 31, 41, or even 51 – moms hold a spot forever…remember and honor that day-in and day-out.
11 Times You Still Need Your Mother
1. When the love of your life gives you a diamond ring…or meets someone else.
2. The moment you pee on a stick and it’s (OMG!) positive!!!!!!!!!
3. On the morning of your birthday, when no one else is going to call till noon.
4. When someone gives you a compliment so lavish you’d be embarrassed to repeat it to anyone else.
5. When you find a lump. Or she does.
6. When the kids you’re babysitting won’t stop crying.
7. When you get your first pink-eye or food processor…or mother-in-law.
8. When you need someone to assure you that, yes, 30 (or 40!) is still really, really young.
9. When you need to know the exact shade to fix your undereye circles.
10. When the recipe calls for evaporated milk and you’re standing in the grocery aisle wondering, is that a powder? A liquid? A gas?
11. When you’ve swung up to the sky, and it doesn’t seem real until she applauds.
And also this is such a nice present from my son.