A lot of people start off with a juice fast or a detox diet for a few days and this is awesome and is something that everyone should undertake every 3 months or so. However, a better answer would be to incorporate these practices in small doses after your initial detox to continue having the benefits of detoxifying your system and creating the perfect balance of alkalinity within your body.
Your daily detox routine will go like this:
- Upon rising: 2 glasses of warm lemon water straight out of bed.
- Walking: Walking first thing in the morning after drinking your lemon water will allow your body to start it’s detoxification for the day allowing the body to expel toxins through the skin and breath and kick starts the digestion process.
- Breakfast: A green juice or green smoothie for breakfast. I ensure not to eat any food for breakfast as it prolongs intermittent fasting, another tool to help the body stay in fat burning mode and help lose those extra kilos.
- Throughout the day: Try to drink low caffeinated green tea around 3 times a day. This is also accompanied with copious amounts of water sometimes with the addition of Spirulina and pre-soaked Chia seeds.
- 20 minutes in the sun: Natural UV light has powerful detoxification purposes it is great to get around 20 minutes of sunlight a day with some part of your skin exposed to the sun. Ensure that you are properly protected by wearing a hat or clothing that appropriately covers the more sensitive areas of your skin such as your head and face.
Well I hope that this little guide has helped you in some way and has given you a better understanding on how to incorporate simple detoxification principles into your daily routine.
As always please feel free to leave a comment below, and if you like this article feel free to share it via Facebook and Instagram.
To your health and wellbeing!