This is a wonderful, nutritious soup for autumn time.
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. extra virgin oil
250 g. small lentils, rinsed
1 liter hot vegetable stock
2 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
250 g. lovage, cleaned, washed and chopped
2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Sweat the onion in the oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot until transparent
2. Add the lentils and stir for 5 minutes
3. Add the boilng stock, along with the garlic, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes
4. Add the lovage, tomatoes and salt.
5. Replace the lid and simmer for a futher 30 minutes until the lentils are soft, then romove the garlic and add some freshly ground pepper.
6. I usually put the soup into the mixer, to make it more creamy. But you can leave it as it is:)