This delicious pine nut cake recipe is really so great with tea or coffee.
125 g of butter at room temperature
150 g of caster sugar
2 eggs ( separate yolks from whites )
350 g of white flour
10 g of baking powder
200 g milk
10 g vanilla sugar
100 g pin nuts
1. Preheat oven to 160°C
2. In a large bowl, vigorously beat the egg whites with the vanilla sugar until the result is light in colour and frothy
3. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks with butter and sugar
4. Add the flour with baking powder and beat well
5. Add the milk gradually, beating constantly with a whisk
6. Finally add egg whites and mix together
7. Line a 20 cm, ovenproof tart dish, or square tint ( 25 x 30 ) with baking paper.
8. Put the mixture in a cake tin, sprinkle the pine nuts and sugar on top and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Serve with whipped cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.